What is the turnaround time for custom portraits?
After you submit a photograph that matches our requirements, we begin the design process. Within five business days you will receive a proof; at that point let us know that you want to make revisions or that you’re ready to send it to our printing workshop. Two rounds of modifications are included with the purchase. Additional modification rounds can be purchased for $25 each.
Your custom silhouette portrait of your dog, cat, or other furry friend, will ship to you within 2-4 weeks from your final approval of the design. (Timeframe depends on season, please e-mail orders@silhouPETte.com to see how we can meet your deadline!)
What is the process for custom jewelry charms?
Similar to the portrait process, we begin as soon as you submit a photograph that matches our requirements. Within five business days you will receive a proof; at that point let us know that you want to make revisions or that you’re ready to approve the design. Two rounds of modifications are included with the purchase of each pet silhouette portrait. Additional modification rounds can be purchased for $25 each. After approval, the charm will be hand-crafted, which can take up to 4-6 weeks. You will receive an e-mail when your silhouette charm necklace is ready to ship.
What does a “good” photo look like?
Here are examples of great quality profile pictures that makes our lives (and yours) easy!
**Tips for profile photographs**
- Set your pet against a solid background, lighter colors work best to bring out details.
- Photograph your pet in a sitting position, with him looking straight forward. (This is of course easier if you have an accomplice holding a treat to get your pet’s attention.)
- Take the photo at eye level with your pet, on either the complete left or right side of him.
What is your purchasing policy for custom pet silhouette portraits and jewelry?
Once your order has been received and payment made, you will receive an emailed confirmation of your payment. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will not be processed until the following Monday.
Our process has these careful steps:
- When we receive your pet’s photo we review it to ensure its resolution meets our requirements; a clear photo lets our designers see the crucial details. We will contact you immediately if a supplementary photo is required.
- When we have turned your pet’s photo into a digital silhouette portrait we will e-mail a proof to you, at which point you can either confirm the design or request for modifications.
- When requesting modifications please try to be as clear and specific as possible (“please make the ridge on her nose 20% bigger,” for example).
- We are happy to modify the portrait according to your requests. Two rounds of modifications are included with the purchase of each pet silhouette portrait. Additional modification rounds can be purchased for $25 each.
- Your cute little pet silhouette portrait will be shipped once you are satisfied with the results!
At the time you review the digital portrait of your pet, we will be happy to make modifications until you are 100% satisfied with the results.
Can I review my silhouPETte portrait before it is finalized?
Absolutely! We want you to love your silhouPETte portrait of your dog, cat, or other furry friend. After the design is complete, we will send you a proof to either confirm or request for revisions. Typically two rounds is the maximum you will need; additional revisions can be purchased for $25 each.See “What is your purchasing policy for custom pet silhouette portraits?” for more details.
Can you rush my custom silhouPETte portrait order?
Trying to make a deadline for a special occasion? During the online creation process, check the box to rush your order for an additional $65.00. Your piece will be ready to ship within 5 business days after you submit approval of the proof. Rushed shipping fees not included.
Do the portraits come framed?
We don’t offer framing though we can provide suggestions and guidance. Occasionally we have some in stock, so please e-mail orders@silhouPETte.com if you are interested in seeing what is available.
What is your purchasing policy for jewelry?
Once your order has been received and payment made, you will receive an emailed confirmation of your payment. As each piece is hand-crafted, orders will be sent out within 3-5 business days of your purchase, unless items are temporarily out of stock. Orders placed on Saturday or Sunday will not be processed until the following Monday.
What is the return policy on jewelry?
We want you to be happy with your purchase from www.silhouPETte.com. You may return non-custom jewelry less shipping charges (based on the original form of payment) within 10 days of receipt. If you are returning a gift, you will receive a merchandise credit. Items returned must be in its original condition and in its original packaging (box, pouch, etc).
- Complete the Return Form, indicating item(s) being exchanged and reason(s).
- Securely pack your merchandise with the invoice.
- Ship US Postal Service. Please insure your package.
- We will process your return within 5 days of receipt, though it will take longer to appear on your statement. We will notify you via email when your return has been received and processed.
Merchandise credits will be issued for gifts. If you paid with a gift certificate, the debited amount will be returned in the form of a new gift certificate.
How can I purchase a certificate?
Let the recipient decide how to style their pet silhouette portrait; purchase a silhouPETte gift certificate! Go to the “SP PORTRAITS” page and select “give a SP PORTRAIT gift certificate” option. The certificate number can either be e-mailed to you or we can send a physical gift certificate to a specified address.